Please contact our office by phone (715-235-3800) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain a copy of the funding application.
Our Funding Process
Our United Way's Fund Distribution Committee is made up of experienced local volunteers, who are knowledgeable of local needs and issues. These volunteers invest your charitable dollars in programs that can demonstrate real results for real people, ensuring your dollars are well spent.
When are applications accepted?
Applications will be accepted starting January 15, 2018 until Feburary 15, 2018. No late or incomplete applications will be accepted.
Who can apply?
Only nonprofit, human service organizations are eligible to submit a full application. All programs applying for funding must be able to answer affirmatively to the following questions:
- Does your organization have 501(c)(3) status, or do you have a fiscal agent that has 501(c)(3) status?
- Does your organization serve the residents of Dunn and/or Pepin Counties?
- Does your program address one or more of the community-wide outcomes included in the Community Action Plans for Education, Financial Stability, Health?
How do I apply?
The United Way of Dunn County requires agencies requesting funding to submit an electronic, online grant only.
- This year’s electronic grant application must be submitted no later than 3:00 pm on Thursday, February 15, 2018.
- Your completed grant application will be reviewed by the Fund Distribution Committee for one funding year (July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019). United Way of Dunn County follows a post-campaign allocations process.
- Submission of the grant application does not insure funding. Funding awards are carefully selected by our fund committee. Determination of funding awards is based on need, fund availability, allignment with the mission of United Way and a variety of other factors. Please be sure to address how your programs fit into the United Way of Dunn County focus areas with specific information about your program.
- All funding decisions are made by the Fund Distribution Committee and the United Way Board of Directors.
- Fund Distribution Review dates will be announced in February and will take place in April.
Please make sure you have all of the required information below before submitting an application. If you submit your application for funding without required documents, your application will not be accepted.
Click here to view the application checklist